background

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Chocolate Cake and Label Crazy

Today (while the kiddos were napping) I did two things (well actually three if you count boiling the chicken for a casserole I would be making for supper): I made a FROM SCRATCH chocolate cake and I labeled a few things.
C loves chocolate. He especially loves chocolate on chocolate. I'd rather have like chocolate and vanilla-but it's not about me. I decided that I would make C a chocolate cake for Father's Day. :)
Anyone that knows me pretty well knows that I am not the most talented baker. Most things I make come about far from perfect. This cake and HOMEMADE FROM SCRATCH ICING came out pretty darn good, even if im not a chocolate icing on chocolate cake person. :)
The icing is really yummy and was super easy to make. It came out all creamy and smooth. I was very pleased.
I did let the cake cool before I tried to flip it out of the pan. Well, judging by my finished product-it didn't go very well. Half came out, then half broke off. I slathered the icing on anyway.  I am probably going to make another one tomorrow after church to take to my Daddy. He isn't really an "icing" man, so I may have to come up with something a bit different!!! Happy Father's Day to my sweet Daddy and Happy Father's Day to an awesome Daddy, my husband!!!

To make this super duper chocolate cake, you'll find the recipe, here.                                                                   


It is a known fact that I do like to label things and have them in a "place". Although I like to think that I am somewhat organized...it is really organized chaos-a popular theme. :)  I bought a few storage containers after seeing my friend R's nicely contained chocolate chips. (Yes, R, as you were making the Chocolate Covered Blueberries you inspired me to never roll up my bag of chocolate chips again-they deserve a container!!!)  So, I have contained now three different types of chips, two different types of flower, homemade brown sugar and confectioners sugar. Then I thought, "How could one tell this apart if they aren't me?"  So, I then thought of my handy dandy label maker and printed away. :)

1 comment:

  1. If your Daddy doesn't like icing, would he like cool whip on top instead? Your cake looks really good though! Who can get enough chocolate? Well, if you recall ChoctoberFest, I guess it is possible. :)

    ReplyDelete