background

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Watermelon Recipes

Since I am the only TRUE southern person out of the five of us, I had to get a bit creative when it came to the huge watermelon my Daddy gave us. I love watermelon. I don't love it enough to eat this entire one by myself before it goes bad, though I would probably take care of the majority! :)

So, I researched the many different recipes including watermelon that were easy and used items that I already had on hand.

My Watermelon recipe adventure started with four basic steps:


1.) Cut melon into manageable chunks.
  

2.) Liquify

3.) Strain

4.) Strain more. :)





 #1 Watermelon Ice Pops

These are incredibly easy to make. You do not add water to your watermelon so that the frozen pop will be super concentrated.
Follow Basic Steps 1-4
5.) Pour into ice cube trays
6.) Add popcicle sticks.
7.) Freeze
8.) Enjoy!




#2 Watermelon Ice

Follow Basic Steps 1-4
5.) Pour into a freezable container.
6.) Freeze
7.) Scoop out into a pretty bowl and sprinkle granulated sugar over top if desired.
7.) Enjoy!



#3 Watermelon-Cantalope Juice

Follow basic steps 1-4
5.) Strain Again
6.) Strain Again
7. Mix Watermelon and Cantatlope juices together and pour into a container. Chill.
8.) Pour over ice and serve very cold. Add sugar or honey if desired.

There are so many fantastic recipes using watermelon. My goal of using today's watermelon was to use the ingredients I had already in my fridge/pantry. I WAS NOT going out just for one or two things. However, I will be trying Watermelon Lemonade. You can make this with or without the "spike". :)

Thank the Lord we have awesome, cool, refreshing fruit to keep us cool on this hot and humid days!

Happy Southern Summer!!!!!





1 comment: