background

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Homemade Egg Custard Pie

For Father's Day I decided to make my Daddy an Egg Custard Pie. I am not a fan of them and  for sure not a skilled baker by any means, but I figured I would try.
First, I prepared my made-from-scratch crust. Oh yes, I went all out. :) It was actually very easy!!!  All of the kneading I found very therapeutic!!!
So, I totally failed to take a picture of my pie when it was all lovely and brown on top once it was done baking.
My Daddy loved the pie and so did the kids!!!! Find a basic recipe here. 
*Note: I didn't not have a pie crust, so I had to make my own (obviously). I omitted nutmeg because I didn't have any and added cinnamon instead. For my very first egg custard, I think it turned out well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment