background

Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Beginning

My very first blog post-how exciting! I have been thinking about starting a blog for some time now. I actually opened this account a week or so ago-but never posted anything until now.

One of the biggest reasons I hesitated is because of my laptop. Even though only six months old, I feel like I have it it forever. You see, my poor little laptop had a fall a while back and during the night (not knowing it had fallen on the floor beside my bed) I got up to check on M and STEPPED ON IT. Yes, that is right. I STEPPED ON MY COMPUTER. With the screen cracked and a big black tadpole-looking smudge going down the right hand side it made things a bit difficult to read. I then had a second incident causing another big black tadpole-like smudge down the left side.



So, how can Chaos be so Wonderful?
 Well, it is how I choose (though I struggle) to see my every day life.

I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling Mama. I enjoy reading (though I never have the time). I LOVE a schedule and have been known to map out an entire month at a time. I like to think of myself as organized though I often refer to it as...you guessed it: ORGANIZED CHAOS. :)  I am really into trying to make healthier snack alternatives for my kids (and for myself, too).I'd love to have thick, long, movie star eye lashes. :) I make my own laundry detergent.  I love the color pink. When I was younger, we thought I had epilepsy. Thank God, it was never ruled out.    I am always exhausted. I am so much more of a cat person, though we own a dog. I have battled with my eight all of my life and I am unhappy with myself at the moment (regarding my weight).   I love a good worship song. I am a very emotional person and often times exhaust myself trying to hold it in. I am a constant work-in-progress. I battle every day with myself. I am learning that if I give this battle to my Savior, He will happily carry all of my burdens. Why not just hand it over?  Well, there is that part of being human that kicks me in the butt-every time. I am a Jesus-follower, I am a sinner and I fall short. In spite of everything, He loves me. He has done so much for me and has incredible works for me and my family yet to come.

My Wonderful Family



I am a wife to Chris of seven and half years. He works nights on a 12 hour shift schedule, so our family dynamic is vastly different than most of my friends.  We are parents to three super children. Elijah and Noah are our six year old twin boys (who were 10 weeks premature-more on that later).. Makennah is our two year old sweet girl. They are exactly three years and 11 months apart.  Chris birthday is on the 7th of January, E & N (I often refer the the kids names with initials) are May 7th and M is April 7th. Pretty cool, except they left me out of the mix with September 23rd!!! :) 
We have chosen to homeschool our children. This past year was our first time trying it out and I found it to be stressful yet very rewarding (especially when they read their first word, sentence, short story). I am looking forward to what homeschooling experiences we will have this year! We belong to an awesome homeschool group on our area and I am so blessed to have quite a few friends that homeschool. They are such a huge encouragement to me!!

So, this will end my very first every post. I am looking forward to this journey!!! :)






3 comments:

  1. ouch about the laptop screen! Been there myself before :( hope you get it fixed soon! I'm with you there on the different family schedule thing with the hubby's work schedule, and here I thought I was the only one! Oh and I love the name of the blog too, can't wait to see what you post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, girl! :) I hope it is a good outlet for you! Glad we're friends!

    ReplyDelete