background

Friday, October 15, 2010

Menu Plan for 10.16-10.31

I know I haven't been very good about keeping up with my blog. I sat down, just now, to scratch out my menu for the next two weeks on paper (to stick on the fridge). So, I decided I would share:

Sat 10/16: Potato Chowder and Broccoli/Grape Salad  (To send with C to work: Bananna Cream Cheesecake, Broccoli/Grape Salad and Mashed Potatoes)
Sun 10/17: Cheesy Chicken Flats with apple slices
Mon 10/18: Beef and Wild Rice Bake with veggies
Tue 10/19: EZ Slowbake Burritos with tortilla chips (crockpot meal)
Wed 10/20: Picante Peach Pork w/ rice and steamed veggies
Thur 10/21: Salsbury Steaks w/ mashed potatoes, green beans and rolls
Fri 10/22: Bagel Pizza's
Sat 10/23: William's Station Day (supper out)
Sun 10/24: Hot Dogs (got a bogo deal at publix on the hebrew national all beef {no fillers, artificial stuff, etc}, sweet potato fries and peas
Mon 10/25: Mediterranean chicken w/ rice and veggie
Tue 10/26: Spaghetti with green beans
Wed 10/27: hodge Podge Soup w/ cornbread
Thur 10/28: BFS (Breakfast for Supper)
Fri 10/29: Russian chicken w/ rice and steamed broccoli (crockpot meal)
Sat 10/30: BUSY DAY! BoyScouts Fun Day (lunch provided) Chicken Sandwhich, mac and cheese, sweet peas (supper)
Sun 10/31: Hotdogs, sweet potato fries, corn

One of my OCD habits (and im serious) is that I make lists, lots and lots of lists. I sometimes have to write them over because I scratched out on the first one-but anyhoo, my MENU did previously contain breakfast and lunch.  I've decided to just "go with it" on both of these. Some days, the boys will wake up when Chris comes in from work (6:30 A.M.) and he will feed them breakfast and let me snooze for another 30 minutes until M wakes up.  Some mornings, I just do not feel like making oatmeal or grits. Cereal goes through my house like coffee through my body-FAST. So, that is why I have to shimmy my breakfasts but it usually goes something like these and I shake it up: oatmeal, cheese grits, jelly toast, cereal (all with fruit on the side and vitamins).  Lunch could be leftovers, a pb sandwhich, popcorn with cheesesticks and yogurt, really anything! So, i've squelched my intense desire to over-manage mealtimes and I just focus on suppers.  Having a 2 week menu really makes a difference on nights Chris works or we have activities.  I, of course, place certain meals on certain days according to prep-time. :) :)

Have a great weekend!  Blessings!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment