background

Monday, July 19, 2010

Kristina used COUPONS!

Today I defeated my menu plan mayhem and grocery list. TODAY, I found out what all of the Walgreen's couponing rave was about! 
I DID not plan on going this far with my couponing...but after the first two toothpastes..I couldn't help myself.  The lady that checked me out helped me out a great deal and was incredibly friendly! Yay for her! :)

So, Walgreen's had Colgate toothpaste for $3.49 with $3.50 in Register Rewards. I bought 8 tubes of toothpaste and received $28.00 in RR. We also bought a Gillette Fusion ProGlide for $9-something and got 5$ in register rewards.   So, I had 33$ in RR. :) Each toothpaste had to be a separate transaction and I totally didn't mind holding up that line (for once in my life)!!!! 

-I had a coupon for BOGO Dry Idea (or Right Guard) deodorant. I have no idea how it worked out, but I paid 32 cent for TWO Dry Idea deodorant. It was a Walgreen's ad and MF coupon. (So my receipt says..but I still have my MF coupon...)

-With my RR I bought Ziploc Freezer bags x2 with a $1.00 off coupon (Walgreen's in store coupon book), Dawn dish washing liquid x3, Milo's Tea x2, BOGO AA Batteries.  I used 3 RR coupons in this transaction and paid $6.40.  Not too bad considering Milo's is $2.50 a gallon!!! :)

-My favorite of the day was the Nivea body wash. I had a coupon for buy 2 women's Nivea body washes and get 1 man's Nivea body wash FREE. So, I decided to pair that MF coupon up with my Walgreen's RR.  Thank the Lord for the sweet check out lady. She really helped me alot. She explained to me a bit how the RR worked and that I needed a "small" item to kind of balance out things and pay the least. I figured she knew what she was talking about, so I ended up getting two bottles of Dawn dish detergent as well.  Nivea MF coupon + 4 RR=$3.68 :) Umm..that Nivea body wash was $6.99 PER BOTTLE.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Below is a picture of my above deal descriptions. There is also a free bag that I got for purchasing the razor and TWO more RR coupons that I didn't use! This was my FIRST time ever using RR at Walgreen's. I think I did pretty good and was pretty please with my deals. :)


Toothpaste anyone?



Moving right along to my Dirt Cheap deals of the day.  I was in the market for new mascara. I even had a coupon for a mascara I wanted to try.  Anyone that knows me well knows that I am very particular about mascara AND what I buy at Dirt Cheap. For the longest I would not buy anything that went on my skin (aside from clothing).  I passed by the huge table with cosmetics and thought I would take a peek. Well, of course some of the packages were open..but there were a TON that were not. They were in their original packaging. So, I decided I would give it a whirl. I got a bit carried away with the mascara, but I am now the proud new owner of EIGHT, yes EIGHT different types of mascara. Hopefully, I can find one that I like within that bunch.  I also got a Loreal Infalliable Lip duo stuff (and this stuff STAYS ON..let me tell ya), some kind of Revlon foundation and a Loreal Infalliable press powder/foundation (which I have used before and it is great). All of this for $5.50.





I love flags  I love a front door flag flapping in the wind on a stormy day, or just blowing in the breeze. Unfortunately, with my attempt to be frugal, a 20$ flag really isn't in my budget. I have a few holiday flags that I have had over seven years, an American flag, and an Alabama championship flag I got at Winn Dixie for like $1!! When I saw these, I could barley contain my excitement.  These are full size flags and they are CUTE. They were a bit more expensive than I was hoping, but a steal compared to the regular prices. Hopefully, there will still be more around in a few weeks and they will be discounted even further and I can add to my outdoor flag repertoire. :)
Three full size flags $15.00




With my ever increasing knowledge of living frugally, I have become quite the busy bee in the kitchen. I am whipping up my own ranch dressing mix, taco mix, and onion soup mix. I've bought plastic containers to store them in my pantry, and that is fine. These little storage containers were too cute to pass up. They even will look really pretty on the counter to hold rice, grains and beans!
Containers: $6.00




Lastly, my Winn Dixie deal of the night.  As I picked up my two, 5lb bags of potatoes I noticed a coupon attached. Normally, I would pass a coupon by, but now I have the bug so I have to check it out to see if it is worth my time. :)  The coupon was for a FREE Marie's Classic Potato Salad Dressing. Well, of course, WD didn't have the "Classic Potato Salad Dressing". So, I asked if I could possibly get another type of dressing. They said sure and if I had a problem we could override it. :)   My experience at WD was PLEASANT. The girls at the checkout were actually friendly and helpful! We did two different transactions so that I could get both of my dressings for free and my potatoes still 2/$5.
10lbs potatoes-$5
2 Jars Honey Mustard-($7) FREE


If I actually have anyone that reads my blog, please give me tips on this couponing stuff! I really don't have time to be too hardcore (though I do have a date scheduled with a friend tomorrow morning at the dumpsters...hmm...) about it...but saving a little helps a ton. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment